(Planned as an online unit)
UEENEEE141A Use Of Routine Equipment Plant Technologies In An Energy Sector Environment
Main Course Page
Electrical supply and distribution within a building or premises
Arrangement of circuits
Protection for safety requirements and their practice
Difference between alternating and direct current
Measurement and calculation of voltage, current, resistance and power in practical circuits
Concepts and applications of magnetism and electromagnetic induction
Transformer operating principles and their application
Hazards associated with electrical systems and apparatus
Unit Experience survey
KS01-EE141A Energy sector equipment/plant/technologies
Evidence shall show an understanding of energy sector equipment/plant/technologies to an extent indicated by the following aspects:
T1 Electrical concepts encompassing:
▪ Electrical supply and distribution within a building or premises
▪ Arrangement of circuits
▪ Protection for safety requirements and their practice
▪ Difference between alternating and direct current
▪ Measurement and calculation of voltage, current, resistance and power in practical circuits.
▪ Concepts and applications of magnetism and electromagnetic induction
▪ Transformer operating principles and their application
▪ Hazards associated with electrical systems and apparatus.
Recognition for Unit of Competency
(in addition to unit topic knowledge)
Evidence may include:
Qualifications and/or formal statements
o List your qualifications and/or formal statements relevant for this unit. o Copy of your testamur eg: Statement of Attainment, Certificate, Diploma and etc.
Professional Development and Training
o List any other training and development activities completed at work, eg: Staff Development Activities, Training Sessions, One to one training by a qualified senior staff member.
o List your membership of organisations, voluntary work, and community work or self-employment/home business. o Membership certificate/s o Reference letter/s from clients.
Other Experience and Skills
o List what you do, or have done at work that meets the unit description. eg: activities, duties, projects, and etc. o Letter of confirmation from your employer s Duty statement
▪ Demonstrated consistent performance across a representative range of contexts from the prescribed items below:
▪ Use of routine equipment/plant/technologies in an electrotechnology environment as described in the topics and including:
Understanding work instruction.
Obtaining and checking tools and equipment.
Following work schedules.
Using routine equipment/plant/technologies in accordance with work schedules.
Returning tools and surplus resources as required.
Updating work records.
Dealing with unplanned events by drawing on essential knowledge and skills to provide appropriate solutions incorporated in a holistic assessment with the above listed items.