Risk assessment fundamentals video from safetycare.
please ensure you are logged into equella before you can view this.
Risk Assessment Fundamentals
In simple terms a risk assessment requires the identification of workplace hazards and an evaluation of the risks they present.
The purpose of an overall workplace risk assessment is to establish whether the level of risk arising from workplace activities is acceptable, or whether additional measures need to be taken to control workplace hazards to further reduce or remove unacceptable risks.
The program includes the following Elements of a Risk Assessment:
- Identify all the hazards that are present
- Decide what are the possible consequences related to these hazards and who may be harmed.
- Evaluate the risks and decide whether the existing precautions are adequate or more needs to be done.
- Make a record of the findings, and
- Review and if necessary revise the assessment from time to time.
Regardless of the hazards present, the proper application of the risk assessment process will result in a safer workplace.
RUNNING TIME: 18 minutes